If you’re looking to promote events through your website, you need to list the event, provide a way to purchase tickets and payment online. You may need access to more functionality. Right plugins will help you do all things.
In this post, I’ll talk about what features you’ll need for your events website, and how to choose the right event plugins for your site. Let’s get started!
Why You May Need an Event Management Plugin
Your website is an excellent way to notice the word about upcoming events. It helps customers understand all the necessary information and attract new potential attendees
If you want a few additional features, let’s consider the right plugin. It will provide some features which is sutable for event such as:
- Display and organize your events
- A calendar where you can show your upcoming event
- Let visitors buy tickets
- The ability to manage attendee information and registrations
What to Look for in an Events Plugin
It isn’t hard to find event management plugins – there are plenty of free options in the WordPress Plugin Directory (just search for “event”), as well as premium offerings from various developers. The trick lies in choosing the best one for your site.
An event registration plugin for WordPress can offer a wide range of functionality. Let’s quickly look at the most important features your chosen solution will need to have, so you know what to focus on:
- A custom post type for events. Much like how an e-commerce plugin such as WooCommerce will add a new products option to your site, an events plugin should provide you with a way to create events post types. This will enable you to keep your events separate from your site’s other content (such as posts and pages). Plus, this makes it easier to add supplementary information to each event, including prices and locations.
- An events calendar. It’s also useful to have a calendar that displays all your events in one place. This makes it easier for visitors to see everything available, without having to search through many different pages. If they see an event on the calendar that piques their interest, they should be able to click through to learn more about it.
- Ticketing and registration functionality. Unless all of your events are free, it makes sense to enable online purchases. People will be more likely to sign up if they can complete the entire registration process on your site. This functionality should also be flexible – enabling you to set prices, offer different levels of tickets, and so on.
Of course, there are other features that can come in handy. For example, some plugins may provide the functionality to help you manage events as well. This could include a way to see and manage all attendees for an event, and scan tickets. However, the above three features can be considered must-haves if you’re looking to promote events through your site.
Choose the Right Event Management Solution for You
With thousand of plugins, following three steps to choose right solution plugin for your site
Make a List of Your Desired Features
Firstly, You must understand exactly what you want to do through your site.
This first step requires understanding exactly what you want to do through your site. This means answering questions such as:
- What kinds of events will you promote?
- Do you only need to list a few events or many of them?
- What about the cost?
- What kind of information do you want to provide through your website?
- How large will your events be, and how much help will you need managing them?
These answers will provide what kinds of plugins you ‘ll need. For example, If you have a profession event website, WP Event manager will help you solving the main purpose of event listing. On the other hand, if you’re having small events, you will need simpler ones. Make a wish-list of features you want from your event plugins,
Free or premium version
There are various plugins available in the market both free and paid. If you want advanced features, you must buy the premium version of the plugins.
What type of plugin you opt for will depend largely on two factors:
- Your budget: If you don’t have money to invest, a free plugin is a safe choice. On the other hand, you need to use money to promote your business, a premium plugin is a good choice. Depending on features which you want, you will choose the suitable plugins and costs.
- Your needs. You have to know what feature you want. Premium plugins offer more advanced features than free. So the best choice will depend partly on how much functionality you need, and whether you’re looking to keep your events site simple or include complex features
Evaluate Your Plugin Shortlist
Before you choose a plugin, let’s start exploring the market. You can check out the WordPress Plugin Directory, premium marketplaces such as CodeCanyon
You should evaluate each one carefully. For example: with event calendar plugin, you need consider:
- Feature set: Have all the essential features from your list ?
- Pricing: Will the plugin fit into your funds
- Ratings and reviews: What do other users have to say about the plugin?
- Compatibility: Is the plugin kept up to date, and is it compatible with your version of WordPress
- Support: Does the developer provide support for the plugin?
Finally, don’t forget try to use demo plugin before committing to it. If there’s no demo available, grab the free version and set it up on a test website. Try a demo is the best way to decide a plugin over the long term.
Hope you will help you choose righ event plugins
You can refer to some other articles of the same topic on the WordPress Event Booking plugin.
Leave comments if you have any questions about my post. I am willing to answers all of your questions.
Stay tuned on my blog: WordPress Event Booking to discover more about solutions and tips.
Thank you and Best regards.